Local residents and businesses rely on us to help secure their financial futures, but our commitment doesn't end there. We believe that in order to build long-lasting relationships with our clients, we also have to serve the local communities in which they live and work. Here's how we are making a difference in our communities.
To the Community
Our community involvement through charitable organizations and civic events is deeply important to us and our time and resources invested are additional reasons we've earned trust from so many in this area.
Our management team, associates and staff work in the Western and Central New York area – but we also live here and raise our families here, too.
MassMutual New York State participates in the community through many different organizations and events such as:
- Al Sigl Walk About
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Assocation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie County
- Bishop Sheen Ecumenical Housing Foundation
- Camp Good Days
- Casual Friday program for Charity
- Catholic Charities of Livingston County
- Compeer Inc.
- Easter Seals
- Faith to Faith
- Food Link
- Gilda’s Club of WNY
- Greater Works Charter School
- Harbor House of Rochester
- Heritage Centers Foundation
- Heritage Christian Services Planned Giving Committee
- House of Mercy
- Hillside Children's Center
- J Street Rochester
- Junior Achievement
- Mary Cariola Children's Center
The associates of MassMutual New York State ‘Dress Down for Charity’ each Friday throughout the year. Each member electing to ‘dress down’ for the day is invited to contribute a donation of $5 in exchange for the privilege of wearing jeans and casual clothing. Dozens of Charities have benefited from our donations. A few of these Charities are Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Erie County SPCA, Mercy Flight, Wyoming County SPCA, Second Chance, St. Vincent DePaul Society, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, Buffalo City Mission, Food Bank of Erie County, Big Dogs Big Hearts, Parkinson’s Association of WNY, Hospice, Carly’s Club, St. Margaret’s School, Northtown Boys & Girls Club, and the LAM Foundation.
To Our Clients
Our working environment is characterized by teamwork, trust and cooperation. We work together to serve you. We honor our commitments and hold ourselves and each other accountable. We support the best in each other and know we can be the best financial services organization in the area. We are determined to succeed.
Our Measures of Community Value
Through 2018, MassMutual New York State has:
• over $12.7 billion of life insurance coverage in force1.
• paid over $64.6 million in life insurance benefits2 and $8.2 million in disability income insurance benefits (claims)3 to our clients.
• paid $41.7 million in dividends4 to MassMutual New York State clients who own eligible participating whole life policies with MassMutual.
• distributed $20.2 million in free5 life insurance to eligible families as part of MassMutual’s LifeBridgeSM Program.
1Amount of individual life insurance in force at the end of the period related to products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company (12/31/2018).
2Amount of individual life insurance claims paid during the period related to products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company (12/31/2018).
3Amount of disability income insurance claims paid during the period related to products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (12/31/2018).
4The amount of dividends to whole life policyholders in 2018.
5MassMutual pays the premiums (12/31/2018).